4 technologies to make your rentals more eco-friendly
Learn about four underutilised eco-friendly rental technologies (with discount codes)
We’re always grateful for a helping hand when it comes to taking sustainable action in our short-term rental businesses. And so, we’re very happy that Sustonica has put together a list of eco-friendly technologies that will help you to upgrade your rental properties and make them more sustainable.
In this post, we’ll introduce you to four lesser-known technologies that can significantly reduce your carbon footprint and lower your energy bills. Plus, we have exclusive discount codes that you can use to make these upgrades more affordable.
1. Combat single-use plastic with TAPP Water
TAPP Water offers a sustainable alternative to bottled water. They provide a water filtration system that can be installed in homes, offices, and rental properties, allowing people to access clean drinking water without the need for single-use plastic bottles.
With TAPP Water, your guests can enjoy great-tasting water that’s free from impurities such as chlorine, lead, and bacteria. Their filters are made from eco-friendly materials and are designed to last for up to 3 months, significantly reducing the amount of plastic waste generated by bottled water.
TAPP Water’s water filtration system provides a convenient and eco-friendly alternative to bottled water for your guests. It’s a great solution for vacation rental owners because:
- it demonstrates your commitment to sustainability – you can provide your guests with a sustainable source of clean drinking water whilst avoiding single-use plastic; this differentiates your property from others and attracts environmentally-conscious guests.
- it’s cost-effective – you save money on purchasing and disposing of bottled water, and your guests avoid the hassle of storing large quantities of water bottles, freeing up valuable storage space.
- it’s convenient – guests can access clean drinking water at any time, without having to leave the property or purchase bottled water; this enhances their experience and improves their satisfaction with the rental property.
Installing a water filtration system in your vacation rental earns you 3.00% of the Sustonica Standard for apartments and townhouses. To receive your badge, take this eco-friendly step towards reducing plastic waste and providing sustainable drinking water to your guests today!
Purchase your TAPP Water filtration system, and use the discount code “SUSTONICA” to get 10% off your purchase of the EcoPro, EcoProCompact, PitcherPro.
2. Save on your energy bills with Modosmart
The Modosmart occupancy sensor uses infrared technology to detect the presence of people in a room. It’s designed to help vacation rental owners reduce energy consumption by automatically turning off lights and appliances when a room is unoccupied.
Here’s how it works:
- Install the Modosmart occupancy sensor in your room(s) and connect it to the air-con and/or heating.
- When the room is empty, the sensor detects the lack of movement and turns off air-con and/or heating after a set period of time, typically between 5-30 minutes.
By using the Modosmart occupancy sensor, vacation rental owners can significantly reduce their energy consumption and lower their carbon footprint. Some of the benefits include:
- Saving on your energy consumption – by automatically turning off lights and appliances when a room is unoccupied, you can save a significant amount of energy, which translates into lower energy bills.
- Convenience for your guests – they don’t need to worry about turning off lights or appliances when they leave a room, as the Modosmart occupancy sensor will do it for them; this elevates their overall experience at your rental property.
Installing an occupancy sensor in your vacation rental earns you 2.73% in the Sustonica Standard for apartments and townhouses. To receive your badge, take this eco-friendly step towards reducing energy consumption today!Head over to Modosmart to purchase your occupancy sensor. To claim your 10% discount, simply call their sales team on +34 871 15 38 51, and quote “Sustonica”.
3. Protect our water supplies with PlanetCare
PlanetCare’s microplastic filter reduces the volume of microplastics that your laundry cycles release into waste water. By removing these microplastics, you prevent them from entering the water supply and polluting rivers, lakes, and oceans. Here’s how it works:
- You easily install the filter into your washing machine, usually attaching it to the discharge hose.
- As the washing machine operates, the device traps microplastics, such as tiny synthetic fibres, that are released from clothes during the wash cycle.
- The microplastics are stored in a filter cartridge, which can indeed be easily removed. It CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be disposed with the rest of your rubbish, as this would mean the microfibres caught are sent straight back into the environment. To prevent that from happening PlanetCare filter are a complete closed loop solution where the cartridges are cleaned and re-used and the fibres caught are recycled.
Providing eco-friendly solutions such as the PlanetCare microplastic filter will delight your vacation rental guests because it shows a commitment to sustainability and a concern for the environment. Guests are increasingly conscious of their impact on the planet and are more likely to choose accommodations that align with their values.
Moreover, the device offers added benefits for guests. As well as making them feel good about staying in an eco-friendly rental and not contributing to plastic pollution in waterways, the filter also helps to prevent skin irritation caused by microplastics that may remain in clothing after laundering.
Grab your microplastic filter today, and use the discount code “SUSTONICA” to get 10% off your purchase.
4. Avoid water damage with the Eve Water Guard
The Eve Water Guard is a leak detection system designed to prevent water damage caused by leaks or burst pipes in your vacation rental.
Here’s how it works:
- Advanced sensors are placed in strategic locations, such as near appliances, sinks, and toilets.
- They detect water and send you an alert through a smartphone app or email.
- You can take immediate action to address the problem and prevent water damage.
By using the Eve Water Guard, vacation rental owners can conserve water and save money on costly repairs caused by water damage. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Conserve water – the Eve Water Guard quickly alerts you to leaks, preventing water from being wasted and conserving this precious resource.
- Save on repair costs – by detecting leaks early, the Eve Water Guard prevents damage and saves you from costly repairs.
- Access peace of mind – you know that you’ll be alerted to potential water damage before it becomes a major problem.
Installing a leak detection system in your vacation rental earns you 11.93% in the Sustonica Standard for apartments and townhouses. To receive your badge, take this eco-friendly step towards preventing water damage. Purchase your water guard today and get 15% off with SUSTONICA15 valid for all single Eve Water Guard units and the single extension cord through September 30th, 2023.
Sustonica provides a comprehensive set of guidelines and standards for vacation rental owners who want to make their properties more eco-friendly and sustainable.
Sustonica’s standards are designed to help vacation rental owners meet the growing demand for sustainable travel options, attract environmentally conscious guests, and reduce their impact on the environment. By adhering to these standards and earning badges, vacation rental owners and managers can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability, differentiate their property from others, and ultimately increase their revenue and occupancy rates.
Explore Other Resources:
Explore More EnviroRental Resources
How to shrink your short-term rental business’s digital carbon footprint
Discover the steps you can take
9 steps for a sustainable property management company
Supercharge your sustainability action with a digital guidebook
Access the power of digital guidebooks